“BEAUTIFUL!!!” is the only word that revolves around my mind when I think about Maine. I did not research a lot about the place before visiting but I heard from people that it is indeed beautiful. What can I say? Its pure serenity. Its just an hour flight from NJ and we reached Portland, ME in no time. Portland is such a cool place to hangout, do shopping and eat ice cream and ofcourse lobster enjoying the view. We spent a day there and then took a short (3 hr) road trip to Bar harbor.
Acadia National Park:
Acadia is a treasure of Maine. From catching country’s first sunrise to most loved spring water reservoirs to best hikes with breathtaking views, you can never cross a place not feeling awed.
Must visit places in Acadia:
- Bar Harbor Village (If you are an ice cream lover, dont miss Jordan Pond Ice Cream & Fudge Shop)
- The Shore path in Bar Harbor (a short trial along the harbor, my eyes were hardly on the trial because the view was breathtaking)
- The Park loop (It is another trial along the cliffs touching blue beach, this loop covers sand beach, thunder-hole point and otter cliff )
- Jordan pond (there is a trial surrounding the spring water reservoir from where most of our bottled spring water is from, this is the easiest trial and you definitely dont want to miss this one)
- Sunrise from Cadillac Mountain (There is also a 120 minutes trial for this)
- Bar island low tide path (Oh, you dont want to miss this. The path to Bar Island will be accessible 1.5 hrs before and after low tide hours. Its spectacular to visualize the path appearing slowly when it is low tide)
- Beehive trial (This is one of the toughest and most popular trials in Acadia, where you have to steep climb to the top of the mountain. The trial is just 1.3 miles but the view is worth every step you climb)
- Lighthouse (You cannot leave Maine without noticing a lighthouse, it seems like there is one around every corner. We visited Bass Harbor lighthouse)
P.S: DON’T DO WHALE WATCHING in Maine!! I had a terrible experience all along my 3 hrs boat ride and the worst part is we did not spot a single whale. Just my opinion.
Enjoy this Drone view of the beautiful Frenchman Bay at Bar Harbor 🙂
PARK LOOP TRIAL CLIFFS:
JORDAN POND RESERVOIR:
SUNRISE AT CADILLAC MOUNTAIN:
DUCK ISLAND (60 miles away from Bar Harbor):
BAR ISLAND LOW TIDE PATH:
Outfits of the trip:
Dress – vbxtarget (this collection is sold out at target); sunglasses – H&M; Shoes – Vans
Overall, I had an amazing time in Maine. If I stop walking and turn around in a circle, there’s intense and beautiful wilderness, lakes, streams and mountains and that’s all you see. Thats Maine, I am so glad I visited and was able to breathe in the beauty it is.
Celebrate life, embrace the beauty you are